This is another “on the fly” creation that was a wild success. It is so super simple I haven’t even bothered to work out ingredients yet– but don’t worry, I’ll be making it again soon!
Time: 15 minutes
- Won-ton wrappers (available in most grocery stores- they’re in small square packages– I used Wing’s brand which is a double pack)
- Butter (for frying)
- Cream cheese
- White sugar
- Vanilla (optional)
- Mix together cream cheese with some cinnamon, vanilla, and a little bit of sugar
- Lay out your wontons flat, put a little glob of cream cheese mixture in the middle, wet one side of the wonton wrapper and fold it over into a little triangle (press down to seal it)
- Heat a frying pan to low-medium heat and add butter– the butter should be bubbly and coat the pan- not burning but maybe lightly browning
- Fry the wontons in the butter for about 1-2 minutes each- until both sizes are browned and slightly crispy
- Dust with cinnamon and sugar
- Let cool a bit and serve!