Perfect for a hot summer day!
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings)
- 2 orange pekoe tea bags
- Water (1/2 cup boiled, 1/2 cup cold)
- 1 cup lemonade
- 10 ice cubes
- Martini shaker 🙂
- Boil the hot water and brew the tea with 1/2 cup water and two tea bags (basically you want a little bit of strong tea)
- Cool the tea by mixing it with 5 ice cubes in the martini shaker
- Once cooled, add the 5 extra ice cubes, the 1/2 cup cold water and the 1 cup lemonade
- Shake vigorously
- Pour into glasses directly if you want some foam and ice cubes– otherwise pour through a strainer
- Garnish with lemon and enjoy!
For a sweeter tea, add sugar, honey, or sweetener to taste– make sure you add it to the hot tea before you add any ice cubes. Use lemonade instead of the cold water for a stronger lemonade flavour (this will also make it a bit sweeter). 🙂