Here’s a first-timer that’s definitely a work in progress….but I think it’s gonna be a good one!
- 1 chicken breast (or 2 if each person wants a whole one)
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp minced ginger (fresh or from a jar)
- 1 tsp chili-garlic paste (or about 3/4 tsp crushed garlic and some chili flakes or chili oil)
- Mixed greens
- Peel the mango and cut it into strips
- In a medium bowl, combine the 3/4 of the lime juice, ginger, chili garlic paste, and mango slices and allow to sit for as long as possible
- Season and cook the chicken (the BBQ would be perfect, but I baked mine in the oven after coating it with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper)
- Once you are ready to serve, pour the mango mixture over the salad, straining the mango slices so they stay separate
- Add the remaining lime juice to the salad and toss
- Cut the chicken breast into strips and arrange it over the salad along with the mango slicesServes two.
I think the dressing could have used a little oil at the end– maybe sesame oil? Another recipe I read also called for rice vinegar, so that might be an option if your dressing is a bit too scarce. If it’s too tart, add something sweet like a little sugar or honey.
You can garnish with lots of things, such as cilantro, green onion, toasted sesame seeds, or crushed peanuts.
Let me know what you think or if you have suggestions for improvements for the next try!