This recipe is super tasty considering how easy it is. The spice quantities are a guess since I basically just shake stuff in, so spice it to taste.
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 regular can of black beans (19 oz/520 ml)
- 1/4 cup lime juice (about 2 lime)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- A dash of cayenne (about 1/8 tsp)
- 1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
- Rinse the black beans and dump them into a bowl
- Add the corn (it can still be frozen)
- Mix in the lime juice, cumin, and cayenne
- Wash and chop the cilantro finely and add it
- Mix together and let sit (I let it sit overnight)
- This makes a pretty large bowl of salsa! (easily enough for 6- 8 guests)
You can make easy vegetarian quesadillas by spooning some of this salsa onto a whole wheat wrap, sprinkling it with cheese, folding it in half, and cooking it in a fry pan on medium, browning both sides and heating until the cheese is gooey in the centre.
It also makes an amazing salad with avocados and a honey lime mustard dressing.